- CLARKSVILLE HISTORIC HOME
- Austin, TX // Residential
Bold texture and unexpected plant combinations anchor this historic Clarksville home, paying tribute to Victorian era garden trends, while transcending time and responding to today’s climate.
A verdant, varied landscape elevates the house and provides a 21st century setting for the 19th century residence. The existing Asian jasmine street planting is complemented with lush lawn, Lantana, and Agapanthus beds guiding you up the reset brick walk. Dramatic foliage combinations (Cycads, Ferns, Guavas, Tropicals) frame the house and create year round interest from all angles.
Existing tree canopies are limbed up, adding dappled light to the quintessential green lawn, improving porch views and reestablishing the connection to the neighborhood. The lush plant palette provides a bouquet of fragrance and blooms throughout the year and highlights the endless possibilities of gardening in the Austin region.
- OVERVIEW: Bold garden design complements this classic building with a modern twist.
- ARCHITECT: Matt Garcia Design
- LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT: Shademaker Studio
- BUILDER: Avenue B Design Build
- LANDSCAPE CONTRACTOR: BDW Landworks
- SIZE: .17 acres
- COMPLETION DATE: 2020