THE HEDGE PLEDGE
COMMIT, INSTALL & GET 15% DISCOUNT ON PLANTING DESIGN SERVICES
Since last summer we’ve been mulling the idea of “hedges, not fences” and today we are thrilled to announce the rollout of The Shademaker Studio Hedge Pledge. This program is designed to reward you for supporting climate-resilient design by creating urban wildlife corridors in your yard.
How it works: New residential clients take the Shademaker Studio Pledge; commit to the installation of a diverse hedge instead of a fence and in return receive a 15% rebate on planting design services.
Why: to provide shelter and food for urban wildlife, to create and connect wildlife corridors, and to reduce impervious cover!
Ready to take the pledge? Email email@example.com for details.
Shademaker Studio is proud to announce we have been granted a 2020 TEXAS ASLA HONOR AWARD for the Red-Purcell Garden!
- 2020 ASLA Professional Award of Honor, Red-Purcell Garden
- 2018 ASLA Professional Award of Excellence, Balcones Residence*
- 2017 Texas ASLA Honor Award, Balcones Residence*
- 2015 ULI Urban Open Space Award, Myriad Botanical Gardens*
- 2013 AIA Houston Design Award, Myriad Botanical Gardens*
- 2008 Transportation Planning Excellence Award, U.S. Hwy 93, Flathead Indian Reservation*
- 2005 American Institute of Architects, National Honor Award, Seattle Public Library, Central Branch*
- 2003 ASLA Design Merit Award, Arthur Ross Terrace at the American Museum of Natural History, New York City*
- 2003 City of Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Commission Architectural Excellence Award, Campo Gorilla Reserve LA Zoo*
- *completed with other firms
- Edgemon, Erin. "Turn-key high-end homes made by an Austin 'dream team'." Austin Business Journal. Mar 2019: Print & Online
- Phillips, Hannah. "Seeing Green, a Bouldin Bungalow is transformed into a colorful oasis in the heart of South Congress." Tribeza. Jan 2019: Print & Online
- Nolan, Daniel (2018) Dry Gardens: High Style for Low Water Gardens. New York, NY: Random House
- ASLA "Award of Excellence Balcones Residence." Landscape Architecture Magazine. Sep 2018: Print & Online
- Dunham, Sandy. "BUILD architects live and learn." Seattle Times. Aug 2017: Online